Prostate Cancer Canada Network Ottawa is a volunteer organization of prostate cancer survivors and our supporters. Our aim is to:
- help men recently diagnosed with prostate cancer
- promote awareness of this disease and the associated issues, and
- provide support for men and their families who continue to live with recurrent cancer.
If you have been diagnosed with prostate cancer, you are not alone. We would like to help you. We offer:
- Telephone contact so that we may be able to help with your first confrontation with diagnosis and treatment questions. We do NOT provide medical advice.
- Mentoring sessions for newly diagnosed patients where discussion takes place with other prostate cancer survivors. Information kits are distributed.
- Monthly meetings where you can obtain information, attend presentations on prostate cancer topics, and meet with other prostate cancer patients/survivors.
- Matching of patients so that you can share, hear first hand experiences, and form your own personal support group.
- A monthly newsletter that describes the Association's activities, events, and reports on interesting medical news.
If you've been recently diagnosed, are undergoing treatment or have had treatment but still have questions and want to talk to someone, start by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or see our mentoring/peer-support page for more info.
In addition, we offer: