Save the date ! Prostate Cancer Canada Network Ottawa (PCCNO) presents:
“Prostate Cancer - Discover the Future”: Ottawa Convention and Event Centre, 200 Coventry Road, Ottawa
Click here for full registration details (We've extended the Early Bird discount to 31 July!)
Conference speakers and Agenda (Click Here for the latest agenda updates from 22 June)
The conference begins at 7:00PM Friday evening, September 15th with registration followed by a "meet and greet" that will include Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson and Rocco Rossi, President, CEO & Managing Director, PCCN
Organizers are delighted with the endorsement of the conference by our honorary Chair, Allan Rock, former President of the University of Ottawa and Canada’s Ambassador to the United Nations.
PCCNO has been developing the program in collaboration with Dr. Chris Morash, Head of Urologic Oncology and Medical Director of the Prostate Cancer Assessment Centre at The Ottawa Hospital. Ottawa has world class medical practitioners and researchers; our association with The Ottawa Hospital is a cornerstone to the success of the conference. Expert urologic oncology speakers will include Dr. Ilias Cagiannos, Dr. Rodney Breau and Dr. Luke Lavallee. All are nationally and internationally recognized experts in prostate cancer treatment and research and surgeons at The Ottawa Hospital. Topics that will be covered include active surveillance, technological advances in diagnosis and treatment, cutting edge research and the latest in treatment of advanced prostate cancer.
This conference will be a showcase for the remarkable advances in pharmaceutical, surgical and radiation therapies and the progress being made in prostate cancer treatment and new developments for treating this disease. Our goal is to recognize and promote how the inter-connected web of care that influences body, mind, and spirit can fight disease, extend life, and improve the quality of life. The conference will include an examination of complementary and holistic approaches to cancer care.
Activities begin with a reception and registration on the evening of September 15. The conference continues Saturday, September 16 with a full day program which includes a catered breakfast and lunch.
- Opening presentation by Dr. Chris Morash
- Panel discussion, "Perspectives on Prostate Cancer Treatment and Research", Dr. Chris Morash, Dr. Ilias Cagiannos, Dr.
Luke Lavallee, Dr. Rodney Breau of the Ottawa Hospital (includes Q & A)
- Pamela Fralick, President of Innovative Medicines Canada will deliver a keynote presentation. A proven health care leader and former CEO of the Canadian Cancer Society, Ms. Fralick has a wealth of experience advancing health care initiatives. Representing the national voice of Canada’s innovative pharmaceutical industry, Ms. Fralick will highlight how the discovery, development and commercialization of innovative medicines are improving the lives of all Canadians.
- The conference will also examine the broad spectrum of whole person care that is available to prostate cancer patients and their families, It will include a presentation from the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation about the Cancer Coaching Health and Social Care Service they have developed. This service, as well as the programs available at the Maplesoft Centre, are first class and offer immeasurable support and comfort to persons dealing with cancer.
- Dr. Dugald Seely, founder and Executive Director of The Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre’s (OICC) will speak to conference participants about how complementary cancer care offered alongside conventional treatment has become important in the care and well-being of prostate cancer patients and their families. Dr. Seely is a naturopathic doctor and plays a leading role in helping develop the field of integrative and naturopathic oncology. Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC) is the first integrative cancer care and research centre of its kind in Central and Eastern Canada.
- Dr. Rob Rutledge, a Radiation Oncologist in Halifax, Nova Scotia, specializing in breast, prostate and pediatric cancers will deliver our final keynote address. An Associate Professor in the Faculty of Medicine at Dalhousie University, Dr. Rutledge leads the Healing and Cancer Foundation, a Registered Charity that freely offers educational videos, documentaries, and webcasting seminars. He is co-author of the book “The Healing Circle”, which captures the teachings and inspirational stories gathered from weekend retreats hosted by the Foundation.