Conference: Living with Prostate Cancer!
Dates - October 4-5, 2019 - Ottawa, Ontario at the RA Centre
Prostate Cancer is the most commonly diagnosed cancer for Canadian men. It is estimated that 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed during their lifetime, with over 21,000 men diagnosed in 2017 and over 4,000 dying. So, prostate continues to be a large problem.
PCCNO is pleased to host another conference in support of men who have either undergone treatment or soon will do so, and their families/friends. Together with a number of our partners we will provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and authoritative views about living with prostate cancer.
A reception will take place on Friday October 4, 2019 followed by a full day of speakers on Saturday October 5, 2019.
Topics planned include:
- The latest in treatment options, presented by Ottawa Hospital medical staff;
- The current thoughts and research on Prostate Cancer Genetics by Justin Lorentz, Cancer Genetic Counsellor;
- Support options from the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation and Ottawa Integrative Cancer Centre (OICC);
- Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy;
- Use of cannabis to control pain;
- Erectile restoration
Watch this page for details on speakers and the schedule.
Registration details will be published in early June.
The Walnut, Spring 2019
The Walnut is the official newsletter for PCCN Ottawa, currently published approximately four times a year.
Help promote prostate cancer awareness
Prostate Cancer Canada Network Ottawa provides speakers, professionally designed display units and accompanying literature for use at health fairs, sporting events, in shopping malls…any place people gather.
Contact us for more information on hosting an awareness event!